Differences between teacher and coach
Both of them seem to be the same, but there is a lot of difference between teacher and coach.
The teacher thinks you have an empty head and his job to fill your head with knowledge, whereas a coach thinks you know everything and his job is to bring it out of you.
- The teacher takes our responsibility for intellectual development whereas the coach makes us spiritually responsible.
- The teacher makes us work for the means of our interest, the coach helps in selflessness and charity through meditation and your game.
- The teacher gives you things that you do not have. The Guru takes further the things that you have and eliminates the negativity, which is for your good, he takes you ahead with him.
- A teacher answers your questions whereas the coaches questions your answers.
- A teacher needs obedience and discipline from the student. a coach needs faith and humility from the player
- A teacher prepares you by showing you the importance and method of finding the means for the outward journey. Does a guru makes you realize the impermanence of destructibility of things and prepares you for the inner journey.
- The teacher is a guide, who leaves the route giving necessary instructions. The coach is the lighthouse, which does not leave until the disciple reaches the floor.
- A teacher sends you on the road to success. A coach sends you on the road to freedom.
- A teacher tells you about the world and its nature. A coach shows us how to connect with it to enhance his performance.
- The teacher gives you the knowledge which increases ego. A coach removes your muffled knowledge and calls your ego your biggest enemy.
- A teacher instructs you on your future goals. A coach creates you, which the main difference between a teacher and a coach
- A teacher sharpens your mind. A coach tells you something beyond body and mind and how to improvise things.
- A teacher reaches your mind. A coach touches your soul.
- A teacher gives you instructions on how to solve problems. A coach gives a clear vision to the player and solves it with him.
- Coaches have always observed their disciples meanwhile the teachers are not able to supervise every student at all the time.