Definition of kinesiology
Kinesiology In Sports- To the study of the principles of mechanics and anatomy in relation to human movement. Kinesiology is the study of the mechanics of body movements to provide information about the state of health of all body organs and systems. It also employs many other healing therapies to achieve recovery.
Meaning of Kinesiology In Sports
The Kinesiology word derived from the Greek, Kinesis movement, and Logos means to study and is a discipline that studies the movements. It is the study of human movement and muscle function. The eld seeks to understand the impact of muscle function on health. Kinesiology draws upon concepts from several sciences, including biomechanics, anatomy, physiology, and neuroscience. The study of kinesiology seeks to understand the mechanics of human movement and pinpoints the specific muscles involved in specific movements. The eld views the human body as a machine that functions in a very purposeful way.
Kinesiology, also known as human kinetics, is the scientific study of human movement. Kinesiology addresses physiological, mechanical, and psychological mechanisms. Applications of kinesiology to human health include strength and conditioning; sport psychology; methods of rehabilitation, such as physical and occupational therapy; and sport and exercise.
IMPORTANCE IN THE FIELD OF SPORTS COACHING
- In sports makes it possible for sports coaches to tune the preparation of competitors both physically and mentally.
- This blend of Kinesiology and Psychology is especially applicable to Help for Heroes patients or those competing in the Paralympics Games.
- Athletes of all ages and skill levels can benet from biomechanical analysis whether it’s for pain reduction or to increase top-level performance. Here are some more benefits of proper biomechanics: Increased movement speed (running, swimming, etc.)
- Improves performance in sports.
- Development of improved sports performance.
- Helps in understand the human body
- Create confidence in a sportsperson.Prevents sports injuries.
- Improves in training techniques.
- It is the branch of science that helps to detect the various imbalances in our body, which, otherwise cannot be detected even by the most modern medicines.
- It helps to maintain the mental and emotional balance of a person.
- It helps to get rid of the back and neck pains, which is nowadays very common in all the professions.
- It helps to identify the food sensitivities of our bodies.
- The various learning disabilities of a child can be easily cured by using the method of Kinesiology.
- Over-stress and anxiety are the root cause of many diseases. This can be cured with the help of Kinesiology.
READ MORE ABOUT